We are excited to announce that we will be holding our first Compass Conference on Tuesday 13th September 2022, which will be hosted in the newly refurbished Fry Building, home to the School of Mathematics.
The conference will be a celebratory showcase of the achievements of our students, supervisory teams, and collaborations with industrial partners.
Exact timings are to be confirmed. Welcome refreshments will be served from 9am with talks to start by 10am. The scheduled talks will finish by 5pm and dinner will finish by 8.30pm.
- Registration, refreshments and welcome talk
- Lightening talks: 3 min presentations from Compass PhD students
- Poster viewing session and networking followed by lunch
- Research talks:
- Ed Davis – Universal Dynamic Network Embedding (download slides)
- Ettore Fincato – Spectral analysis of the Gibbs sampler with the concept of conductance
- Alexander Modell – Spectral embedding and the latent geometry of multipartite networks (download slides)
- Hannah Sansford – Implications of sparsity and high triangle density for graph representation learning
- Michael Whitehouse – Consistent and fast inference in compartmental models of epidemics via Poisson Approximate Likelihoods
- Alessio Zakaria – Your Favourite Optimizer may not Converge: Click here to see more
- Special guest lecture: John Burn-Murdoch, Interactive Data Journalist at the Financial Times.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org